All of our ministry, in Bromley and further afield, is entirely reliant on the giving of our church members - we do not receive funding from any external source.
By God’s grace, as our ministries have grown and the costs have increased, we have seen a corresponding growth in giving to cover those costs. However - especially in these difficult economic times - to continue to grow our ministries and to do all that we can to proclaim Christ faithfully, we face a constant financial challenge!
All church members are encouraged to keep their giving under review. Sacrificial giving for gospel work is a mark of spiritual maturity and therefore every Christian should aim to be giving regularly for their church ministries at home and abroad. It will be costly, but it pleases our Heavenly Father and many at our church can testify to the joy that comes from giving generously and seeing the fruit in people’s lives.
A wonderful Bible passage on the grace of giving is 2 Corinthians 8 & 9 and it is worth church members studying these chapters prayerfully when considering their giving. Some key principles are that we should give:
- Sacrificially (8:1-2) accepting the personal cost
- Generously (8:3-7) as much as we are able for the salvation of others
- Gratefully (8:8-9) for Christ became poor that we might be rich in Him
- Realistically (8:10-12) according to our capacity
- Equally (8:13-15) giving of our plenty to help others
- Carefully (8:16-24) so that we are good stewards of God’s money
- Actually (9:1-5) to ensure that our practice matches our claims and promises
- Freely (9:6-7) without compulsion or reluctance but cheerfully
- Confidently (9:8-11) knowing that God will always supply our genuine needs
- Encouragingly (9:12-17) so that others give praise to God for what he does through us
Please visit the Frequently Asked Questions page for further information on the practicalities of giving to the work at Christ Church Bromley.